Monday, January 30, 2012

BetterMilk Hot Chocolate

PKU post
I was really excited to try the recipes that came with my new formula, but I wasn't a big smoothie fan. However, when Cambrooke posted a hot chocolate recipe idea on Facebook I got motivated. I love hot chocolate on a cold winter evening (or a 60 degree winter evening like we've had lately)
So I gave it a try. I should have known as soon as I smelled the warm BetterMilk it would not be a success. I have always been a snob about needing my formula to be very cold before I'll drink it. Room-temperature formula has always been gross to me. Hot formula with chocolate in it was even worse. Loved the idea of it, but it really had the worst aftertaste. If you or your PKU child doesn't mind the aftertaste, give it a try. But for now I'll save up my PHE and have a "normal" dairy free hot chocolate every now and then.
Forgot to get a photo of the final product! Oops.

No comments: