Friday, July 11, 2008

Week 3- Germania

This week was a very different week. We had a group of teenagers, my absolute favorite. Most of my group ended up being 18-23 year old guys, so I can’t say I really got to know any of them well but we had a lot of laughs. And most importantly, we finished 2nd. We were amazing at all the games, a drastic changes from previous weeks. The boys got a bit competitive at times, but they obviously had fun.

Levi is an artist with amazing talent. He created most of our Germania flag (not all of it…that would have been cheating). God has gifted him with the ability and he uses it to create and sell works of art. He is 23 years old and I know God has great plans for his future.
The younger Levi loved to hang out with the guys. He had such a fun time hanging out with the guy interns that at times I felt bad trying to move him to our group. However, he seemed to love every minute with us too. My favorite memory of Levi will be when I allowed him to paint my nails blue and apply makeup. It looked ok until he added the blush. And he painted the outline of my nails first then filled in the middle.
Szabi is crazy and had my laughing so much. He spoke English a little and after a short conversation about my life, he decided to call me teacher. It was so funny to hear him calling out “Teacher, Miss teacher” in his Romanian accent. He was always the one to cheer the loudest for the team, mostly cheering right in the ear of one of our team members. The kids obviously look up to him, so my prayer is that He can be an example for them.
Aghi had herself literally attached to me about half way through the day Tuesday. When I went to my tent, she was waiting outside. When I went to the bathroom, she was standing right outside my stall. It was a huge test of patience. She obviously needed and craved attention and love, but those of you who know me well know that it is REALLY not my thing to be touchy-feely. With a little help from other team members (providing distractions every once in a while so I could pee in peace) I was able to change my attitude and hopefully really imact her as well. I was able to pray for her brothers surgery one morning with one of the other translators as well as pray Thursday night. Hopefully God will use that in her life.
Ilie was quiet with me but loved to be a part of the team (He was obviously NOT quiet with other Romanians). Gyongyi was the same way. I wish I could have spent more one on one time with them, but they both had a blast with the video and the games. We had one other team member, Zoli, who was the caretakers son. He joined us with most events and seemed to have fun as well. We didn’t get to talk much, but it was great to see his mother cheering on him and the other kids with each game.














Below are pics from the week again....
RO Week 3 Germania

No comments: