Sunday, February 01, 2009

Everyone Keeps Sending me this survey...

My 25
1. In college, I used to dress up in a purple toga to cheer on LT and my Horned Frogs
2. I told my college advisor I would NOT take English classes because I would NEVER teach English no matter what.
3. I am a certified English teacher :)
4. I actually love my job most days – my at-risk teenagers completely fascinate me and break my heart all the same time
5. Every two months or so I want to quit my job and move half way across the world
6. I love writing and if I wasn’t a teacher or missionary, I’d be a journalist
7. I really don’t like reading the news online – I’m old fashioned and like to flip through the pages
8. I don’t currently subscribe to any newspaper because my neighbors kept stealing it and I just gave up and no longer read the news at all
9. I am non-confrontational, hence why I gave up my newspaper subscription
10. When I get mad at someone, I cannot stay mad very long. I always forget I am mad when I see the person because I am so excited to talk to them. Half the time they don’t even know I was ever mad
11. At least once a day, a quote from Friends enters my head. Usually, its when I’m around people who have no clue, but I love when I can just say the line and the other person understands me completely. I have a few friends and even a couple students who know all the lines too
12. I can actually watch any show. I will never turn off a movie or TV show in the middle, no matter how dumb it is. I like to know what happens. If I turn it off in the middle, I will dream about the ending, sometimes even months later.
13. LOST is the best show ever
14. I ate my very first real pizza slice last week and it was amazing
15. I’m not supposed to eat meat, but I have a weakness for pepperoni
16. I am a computer nerd - I could be on my computer all day and never notice the time go by
17. I rarely ever cry, but when I do I really cry
18. One of my favorite things to do is shop and SAVE more money then I spent. I love to go to sales or TJ Max and find really good deals. I can almost always tell you the price of anything I am wearing.
19. I don’t understand the obsession with shoes. I have the basics and even they stress me out. If I could, I would wear flip-flops or my Sketchers every day. But the fashionable side of me refuses.
20. When I was in seminary, I was a bad dresser. My DVR was set to tape What Not To Wear. I’d watch while I read my homework. One day I saw I sweater I owned on the things NOT to wear. I cleaned out a lot of stuff out of my closet that same day and since then was very careful about what I buy. Oddly enough, I still have that sweater for some reason. Haven’t worn it since though.
21. I also have no idea how to use makeup. I try something and if I like it, I continue to do the same every single day. I just have no idea how to change things.
22. Accessories make very little sense to me. I don’t understand how to match things. I like them on others though. I have TONS of jewelry I never wear.
23. I’ve lived in TX almost 10 years and rented the entire time because I really can’t commit to live here another year, even though I will probably live here forever
24. I want to live in Romania and New York City for at least a year of my life
25. I’m pretty sure this is the first one of these surveys I have ever done. The only reason I did it is because people keep tagging me on theirs. So I’m tagging all of you back.

No comments: