Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to reality...

My apologies for the delay in this blog. Its been a long journey home, which included my laptop finally meeting its end my first day back in Texas. My blog is blocked at work, so I was forced to wait until I found a working computer to write.
Being back in Texas has been very surreal. It turns out I am not a full-time camp counselor, I am an English teacher. That was a harsh realization when my alarm rang Monday morning. It was hard to know a week of camp went by in Romania while I was sleeping away the jet lag. It’s hard to live in an apartment by myself when I spent the entire summer living with many roommates - twenty at the highest point. And most of all, its hard to be away from the kids. I loved getting to know Alina and Ovi, the Livada follow up staff, while in Romania. Not only was their friendship was such a blessing, but I also now can have complete confidence that each child and teenager will have amazing people pouring into them all year long. I trust that I will be back in Romania some day, hopefully someday soon. For now, my connection lives on via e-mail, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, and most importantly, prayers. I have no idea what God has in mind for my future, no idea what part Romania will play in His plans for my life, but I do know that my heart will forever be connected to Romania and all the staff, translators, and kids I met this summer.
Thank you so much for all of you who read along with my travels and joined me in prayer. For now, this blog will return to my thoughts and adventures in teaching. You are welcome to keep reading, and hopefully someday this will once again transform into a Romania blog.

1 comment:

mgensla said...

Welcome home! Good luck in teaching English to those in need. magensla